Tuesday 12 April 2011

Carosel;3D final piece



In this project i had to create a final piece just using the material paper, whist doing this project i came across and amazing 3d paper sculpture artist called Su Blackwell, her work really inspired me to create my piece from a book and to make the book come alive once opened, i ahve uploaded two pieces of her work that really caught my eye and inspired my work. (the top two photos)
My idea was based on The Enchanted Garden, i used a book to be the substance of my 3d piece i drew half a tree onto on side of the center double page spread and then cut around it with a scalpal i repeated this 16 times i then scrunched up my tree to make it look more realistic so when i opened up the book the tree opens up like a hidden garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment